Thoughts from the Cottage…
Are you looking for a way to draw interest to your garden? Are you ready to make your garden the one that everyone notices in your neighborhood? While you are planning your garden or just looking to freshen things up, give same thought to garden accessories. There are many things you can do without spending a lot of dollars.
1. Lanterns: For adding a touch of romance or light. Choose candles with an aromatic scent or scents for chasing the mosquitoes away! Lanterns can be used on tables or along the meandering path. They can be arranged in as many ways as there are styles.
2. Fake Flowers: Yes, I said fake! Well there are some places where flowers refuse to grow. Why not get creative with metal flowers? Bring a little flash to the yard! Keep ' em guessing is my motto.
3. Containers: Available in a variety of different styles and shapes. They can be moved anywhere and switched out any time to change your color scheme. Place cone tea lights within the planters and create your own work of art!
4. Bird Feeders: Many types are available today, from wood through metal. Feeders will attract birds to the garden, bringing their beautiful songs.
5. Obelisks and Trellises: Can be works of art or as simple as bamboo poles. Allow you favorite flowering vine to climb around this garden accessory. They can define space or create privacy while supporting your plants. Tastefully placed they add structure and beauty to your landscape.
6. Gazing Globes: The gazing ball has become one of the most must have garden accessory. From stately gardens to quaint cottage yards these shiny orbs can be found. Highly reflective ones are ideally suited to show your garden from different viewpoints.
7. Rain Chains: A simple item that adds the delightful sound of water and vertical interest to your garden. A beautiful and functional alternative to the typical closed downspout.
8. Bird Baths: A must have accessory for any bird fancier. Bird baths can be hand crafted works of art or just a simple dish. You are giving them a place to play and bathe while you enjoy their company.
9. Bells and Chimes: Gardens are best appreciated for visual appeal and fragrance. Why not bring in a dimension of sound that gives a soothing and peaceful feeling? Bells and chimes are a dynamic element in the landscape, ever changing with the slightest breeze.
10. Wall Plaques: This garden accessory takes over where plants leave off. They do not distract or overwhelm. Wall art provides interest when plants are not at their most striking.
Top 10 Garden Accessories
When it comes to garden accessories remember quality over quantity. Quality does not mean expensive, accessories can start at less than $10.00. Skillfully placed, a piece will guide the eye and add to the beauty of the plantings. They enhance the yard and bring interest to the garden.